<VV> Has the Economic Downturn Changed your Corvair Plans?

tim mahler flat6vair at comcast.net
Wed Dec 24 10:21:34 EST 2008

Matt asked

> Will you attend your "Normal" Covair Meets?
Yes,  may consider attending more regionals if they are held

> Will you complete the 2009 projects you planned 6 months ago?
Planned?  Race car gets improvements as I am able.  starting to think about
re-restoring the 2 Fitch Sprints.  Got the driver driving, and stopped
working on it -- it was drivable......ooops,  forgor to check the heater fan
(dismal) and to properly adjust the windows (lots of air leakage into the
cabin)  thus not a good winter car in central illinois

> Do you see this as an "opportunity" to add to your fleet?
Already ran out of room -- storing one car at my sister's and one got pushed
to the driveway.

> Will you DRIVE your Corvairs, More or Less?
Will start driving the red coupe daily once I can stay warm in it.  More fun
then the pickup.  Driving to meets is cheaper than towing but. the race car
isn't street legal.........hmmmm.

> Not looking for "tales of woe", just an overall "picture"

tim mahler
62,68 Fitch Sprints
66 Cord 8/10s
64 convertible, 66 coupe, 65 race prepped