<VV> I want compression

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Fri Dec 26 11:02:30 EST 2008

Seth! Thanks for the enlightening post. I never put together the
relationship between a reduced base circle cam and correction of valve
geometry after milling the head.

Wouldn't it be cool if we could get a pop-up piston that filled the squish
area to zero clearance (before the .032" head gasket) AND had a cut on the
opposite side to recover the volume?  This would eliminate the need to mill
the head and eliminate the need to spend 10 hours opening-up the chambers.
This "split-personality" piston would save a ton of time and machine-work
needed to boost power and at the same time eliminate spark knock. I think
this is a grand plan, I wonder what it would take to get some made?
Sprechenzie Chinese?
Craig Nicol