<VV> Cylinder head cuts

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Sat Dec 27 15:17:05 EST 2008

In a message dated 12/27/2008 11:02:43 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Richard.Gaffney at gulfstream.com writes:

Has  anyone tried the cut in the cylinder head that looks like a groove
across  the step area? It was narrow at one end, and blended smoothly at he
open  area of the chamber. One of the other sites had a picture of  a  water
cooled head that had a groove cut like that. The submitter claimed it  gave
more horsepower and suppressed detonation.........One web site  is
http://pesn.com/2005/10/13/9600187_Design_to_Improve_Turbulence_in_Combustion_
Chambers/

(Embedded image moved to file:  pic15615.gif)

Rick Gaffney
65 Corsa  140/4

I have seen the original patent.  With all due respect, his patented  process
is so simple that it would be extremely difficult to enforce (sorta like  Eli
Whitney's cotton gin; any competent mechanic that saw one could reproduce
it); I for one, would be very willing to see whether or not it works  as claimed.

Scotty from Hollyweird
Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.