<VV> too much trans fluid causing an ominous knock?

Ernie Sanders epssax at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 27 23:02:52 EST 2008

Corvair torque converters will 'drain back' its fluid after not driving for 2 to 3 weeks.  Mine does and leaks a gob of fluid via the shift cable o-ring and boot.    The torque converter drains back into the transmission.  If you fired up the engine and ran it for a couple of minutes the excess fluid would be pumped back up in the torque converter.
Of course, if your low end knock is a loose rod it wouldn't do your engine any good!  Ernie