<VV> Converting a Corvair to electric viable?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Dec 30 11:54:40 EST 2008

I'll disagree with the naysayers - but you have to define your
goals.  I think a "city car" could be relatively doable, especially
with the controllers and motors becoming more reasonably priced.  The
Chevy Volt motor would be especially useful, and it would still be a
Chevy :-)  A Corvair is really a pretty good platform for the project
since it's fairly light.  As long as one of your goals is to have fun
it should work out well.

--Bryan