<VV> Converting a Corvair to electric viable?

Bob Gilbert bgilbert at redshift.bc.ca
Tue Dec 30 14:17:24 EST 2008

With respect - "something that won't work worth spit" is a far, far cry from
what is currently achievable with electric vehicles.

Like all vehicles, electric vehicles are compromises. My F150 and my Hyundai
econobox are totally different and work well within their own "context", the
F150 handles like a truck, is a pig on gas but carries car parts and tows my
boat. The Hyundai is great for fuel mileage and for a daily commuter mobile.
My Corvair fits in another category altogether. Each has its role and "fit"
and so do electric vehicles.

Regards,
Bob