<VV> Converting a Corvair to electric viable?

Delta Mfg. deltainc at grm.net
Tue Dec 30 17:45:46 EST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan and Clare Wesson" <alan.wesson at atlas.co.uk>

> a) pointless because the carbon footprint actually increases unless the
> electricity is sustainably sourced, and at the moment it isn't (hence my
> 20
> years comment).
********
Heh, " Carbon Footprint" and followers of such baloney have been exposed to
near death here in the land of Barnum and AlGore.  Except for highly visible
politicians planning to create a huge problem and then fix that same
non-problem with panicked citizens' tax money, of course.  An early
indication of the stupidity of the AlGore view ..... they forget to tell the
citizenry that the more co2 generated, the more plants ( food....   ) that
mother nature can grow   .... food plants eat co2, ya know ....

But then, may I submit my idea of a practical, fun, home built::   a steam
car, as in Stanley Steamer .....   a car way before it's time, and what a
hoot to plan now, in the era of cheap computers, gauges, valves, and even
fairly cheap stainless steel and titanium.  Talk about flex-fuel !!   Just
drink enough beer on the way to San Jose, and if the pressure head gets too
low, just whiz into the boiler !   Burn McDonalds' burger wrappers, coal,
recycled oils, octane, butane, propane, hexane, insane ... kleenex, ktex,
exlax, old xmas wrappings,  xmas trees,  neighbor's cat,   raw oil shale ...

just some thoughts, ken campbell, all steamed up in Idaway