<VV> Converting a Corvair to electric viable?

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Wed Dec 31 08:42:47 EST 2008

Gotta start somewhere, and the Tesla is BY FAR the best example of an
electric car to date, and it's using off the shelf laptop batteries! And  comparing
it to the Volt, well, apples and oranges. The Tesla has FAR more  electrical
energy stored on board than the Volt has in its plans. But then  again, the
Tesla doesn't have an on board genset.

I agree, having a series hybrid like the Volt is a better way to go.

And if someone wants to build an electric Corvair, more power to them! So  to
speak... <G>

In a message dated 12/31/2008 7:13:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,