<VV> Converting a Corvair to electric viable?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Dec 31 14:41:12 EST 2008

That's what I meant by "defining your requirements."  I would think
that anyone who drives a Corvair would be willing to consider that
there might be more than one set of requirements, or that an interest
in trying something just for the sake of doing so is a good thing.

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the
strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done
better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena,
whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives
valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there
is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great
enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy
cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high
achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails
while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those
cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

"Citizenship in a Republic,"
Speech at the Sorbonne, Paris, April 23, 1910

It's funny, this is quite reminiscent of discussions I had in the
early '90s about this wacky idea of using e-mail to exchange ideas
about Corvairs.

--Bryan