<VV> Engine-Transaxle removal cradle

PatioMatt at aol.com PatioMatt at aol.com
Sat Feb 2 13:31:59 EST 2008

In a message dated 2/2/2008 9:26:15 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
ce1monag at cfl.rr.com writes:
Does anyone have a sketch or specification or drawing on how to make  a
Engine-Transaxle cradle.
(Or even better) One that is laying around  that they want to sell?

Welcome to VV!!

The Tech Guide / Beginners Manual / How To Keep Your Corvair Alive , I
believe all have drawings / pictures..

It's just 2x4's   supporting the  PP in a box  shape..

Most pro's do it with just a Floor jack!!!  and 3 hands!!  ggg

Lately we've found the $50  ATV  Jacks to work well...   what I use...

Others have found a Transmission jack works great also...

BIGGEST thing to get right?   Get the Car up high  enough!!  AND

Make sure you are lowering DOWN and To the REAR of the car...to clear
everyting!

Matt  Nall
Charleston,  Or
AllVair!