<VV> Crankshaft Question?

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Sun Feb 3 20:02:06 EST 2008

    I have been using 0.020" reground crankshaft in my 67 cpe. by many years and miles (including Mexico-USA-Canada traveling) and many miles and years in my 62 Rampy (110 engine) which, currently, is using a 0.030" crankshaft since March 2005 (21,000 miles). Car has been used for traveling and the Rampy for work. Never go over 4,000 rpm on engines nor race them. Never broke a crankshaft on 40 years and 34 days on corvairing so, maybe I've been lucky.

Daniel Monasterio

<<How many have taken off .020 on the crankshaft and had problems of it
breaking?
A friend recently told me that they tend to break at .020. I have never heard
this before. >>