<VV> Corvair Reliablility Queston

Gary Rinehart doduckinn at centurytel.net
Mon Feb 4 17:18:43 EST 2008

When I review the questions & answers given on this thread, it gives pause to the question of the reliability of a Corvair when contemplating long trips.  Based upon the myriad of Q & A's the  overall inference quickly leads you to the conclusion that the car is somewhat delicate.
     Obviously, I reliability reference is to cars that have more than minimal mechanical restoration.
     On the presumption that the mechanics of a car has been attended to on current basis, what is the likelihood of it completing a 2300 mile journey??  (Naturally, with a modicum of spare parts) Or am I kidding myself?
     It seems to me. it the car was engineered well enough than, then with proper maintenance, the car should perform well on such a trip.  I you cannot trust the reliability for nothing but short trips --- why bother with the expense of buying one.
    Chime in with your thoughts. You have more evidence that i. Thanks