<VV> Corvair Reliablility Queston

Geoffrey Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Mon Feb 4 17:46:56 EST 2008

What others will likely point out... These are 40+ year old machines that
have
often been subject to neglect and abuse over just plain regular heavy use
above and beyond
original design life.    On a well put together, maintained car I have
little
trouble
driving anywhere.   Say not a car where  every componenet is new -
rather one where every mechanical componenet is up to snuff.
Last
trip was 2000 miles in April - never skipped a
beat.  Smitty had a great post several years ago about this that I pull up
anytime someone makes fun of my cars.    Additionally, a friend of mine
was just scoffing
at my Corsa vert.   "You paid what for a car you have to take the engine
apart on already??!!"   My response to her was will someone be driving the
car you just paid 25K for in 42 years?
  The engine in the Corsa is now rebuilt and ready to go to Ventura!

-Geoff Johnson