<VV> Re; Corvair Reliability Question

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Mon Feb 4 20:57:25 EST 2008

David--thanks for putting our perceived problems in their proper
perspective.

Wisdom from the home of Lucas--PRINCE OF DARKNESS!

We had another Briton here for a while, Alan Wesson.  I met him in NC about
5 years ago.

He reminded me of this:

"Did you ever watch The Avengers on TV when you were young?"

I said "I was 10 in 1967--what 10 year old kid wasn't wild about Mrs. Emma
Peele?" (Diana Rigg-She's STILL a hottie--saw her on the BBC last year)

He said: Remember when Steed would be driving and there would always seem to
be a car on the side of the road with the hood up and some fellow with a
spanner in his hand?"

"Sure"

"THOSE WEREN'T PROPS!!!"

To the English, just about anything runs better, and with fewer problems.

What happened to the Brits who built the Spitfire and those Rolls Royce
Merlin engines?

BTW, Not knocking Rolls or Range Rover---I'll never find out how expensive
they are to fix.

Hank