<VV> Corvair Reliability

richard white sarge9444 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 20:53:08 EST 2008

I drove  a 63 window van for 17 years it had around
600,00 miles on it when I scrapped it. It had gotten
to the point of needing everything replaced. It was
just worn out.Mechanically it was still ok,it was the
body that needed a major overhaul. Its probably become
a Lexus or some such by now. My only real problems
were rebuilding the engine every 3 years or so. I
drove it very hard. It never let me down. Never failed
to start always got me home. And I drove it all over
SoCal with occasional trips to Arizona. You just have
to keep after the maintenance. Periodic replacement of
Points, shocks,brakes, suspension as needed. Great
cars I would have driven that van anywhere.
Rich