<VV> corsa to monza dash conversion

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Tue Feb 5 21:29:22 EST 2008

    On the gauge, of course. It is a 2 1/6" TEMP. GAUGE (electrical) + sending units. You need to run one wire (# 16 is ok) from each sender to a toggle switch at any place at hand on the dashboard (can hidden it). The switch should be an SPDT easy to find on electrical stores (Radio Shack, etc.). They have 3 terminals, the central conects to the gauge and the others to each of the wires coming from the senders. Switch has 2 positions, one wil show engine oil temp. and the other diff./transmission oil temp.   For the diff./transm. sending unit, a good place is where the drain plug goes on earlies or, making an adecuate threaded hole on lates at same place. On engine, I placed sender on the right lower place of the oil distributor close to the oil pan.
   Advantages ?... don't need 2 gauges for 2 different oil temps (on manual transm.). This remind me that I'll need 3 senders for the GB on restoration, as it is a PG. In this case the switch should change to a rotary (?) to allow switching of 3 senders for the same temp. gauge. My default position is for engine oil temp., if I want to know trans./diff. oil temp. just toggle switch for a while (on hill climbing, heavy loads and/or long trips).
   About oil pressure metering, common place for the sending unit is at the top of oil filter using a modified filter bolt which, is available from vendors or you can make your own.
   Need pictures ?

   Daniel