<VV> Old Chevy ads ---> Shows who did them and why

Charles Lee chaz at ProperProPer.com
Wed Feb 6 01:39:25 EST 2008

Thanks for that link !

You and Dave Newell (Hi Dave !) share a lot in that regard but I think it needs to be touted that this is not just a bunch of old ads !

This collection of ads contains a story behind each ad, so if you collect these, or even like to look at them, Jim Bernardin tells you who was driving the cars in the ads, and where they were taken.

The backstories on these ads are as interesting as the ads are, maybe even more.

Many of the Corvairs in the ads were driven by David E. Davis, and Ed Cole's daughter is the passenger in one of the.

Some of these I had never seen, but they really bring you back !

Clipped from the page :

About Old Chevy Ads
Hi. I am Jim Bernardin and I had a lot to do with making Chevy magazine and newspaper ads, commercials, catalogs, and sales promotion stuff for 35 years. People like collecting many of the pieces and they are available mostly as tear sheets from old magazines and still existing catalogs. But nobody ever says anything about who did them and why. That is information I will try to provide. I hope it will make owning an old Chevy ad even more fun.

Thanks for the memories !
Charlie