<VV> Suggestion for the Corvair org site

Bill Hubbell whubbell at cox.net
Tue Feb 12 11:28:35 EST 2008

Joe,

The Stock Corvair Group (SCG) is a formally chartered Special Interest Group
(SIG) chapter of CORSA - Chapter #10, to be precise.  We organized in June
of 2005.  This chapter was announced to CORSA by way of the CORSA Communiqué
August 2005 issue in my "Directors Turn At the Wheel" column.  SCG has held
3 annual meetings at CORSA conventions 2005-2007 and 2 Annual Stock Corvair
Evaluations (ASCE) (at the 2006 & 2007 conventions).  Planning is currently
underway for the 3rd annual ASCE to be held as part of the Ventura
convention this year.

There is a considerable amount of information about the SCG located at our
"temporary" (been there 2 years now!) web site:
http://members.cox.net/stock_corvair_group/.  Here you will find a lot of
information about the SCG and links to the 4 newsletters that have been
published so far.

Because I am not the webmaster guru type, this site may not be readable by
all browsers - Firefox in particular doesn't seem to like it.  If you have
trouble with it or cannot find the newsletters, let me know and I will send
you direct links to each of them.

Marissa Andolino is working on our new website which will be hosted by the
CORSA servers and which will become the portal to the database we intend to
build.  The funds to purchase the database and website software were largely
provided by donations from a few of us who wanted to advance the project.
As of the end of 2007, only about 25 or so of the 100+ folks who say they
are interested in the SCG have actually paid dues.

You can join the current SCG e-mail list (works the same way Virtual Vairs
works) at: http://www.vv.corvair.org/mailman/listinfo/scg-list. Note that
merely signing your name up to join the list does not make you a full member
of SCG - for that you need to send $10 dues payment to Mark Corbin as
outlined on the site above.  As of the end of 2007, we will no longer be
publicly posting the newsletters and you will need to be a dues-paying
member to receive them.  As we develop the new web site, there will be
public areas and members-only areas.  The members-only areas will include
the ability to access the database.

We would welcome you to join our group, as we have very lofty goals and need
all the interested members we can get if we ever hope to achieve them.

Thanks!

Bill Hubbell
President, Stock Corvair Group