<VV> The Mooch

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Thu Feb 14 13:24:08 EST 2008

Smitty Says:  I have been a member of CORSA since 77.  Although Our club went 100% 20 years ago (and lost two useless members in the process) I have never felt right about denying non-member Corvair owners an association with us.  Two things though.  When we are having an activity whether it is an autocross or a simple gymkhana the participant must be a CORSA member.  Got to cover our tail where liability is concerned.  I really don't mind if he wanders through the flea market as long as he stays the heck out of out hospitality room.  There are a great many of you out there who know all about the second thing.  That is the guy that hangs around a couple of meetings and finds out who has the parts he needs and even gets physical help, and then disappears until he wants to dump the car.  That's the non-CORSA member I can do without.  If he is a CORSA member then that shows at least enough commitment that he may be around for long enough to be cultivated.  I sure don't want to
 start a war but I have to admit that a lot of people on this forum almost come under that category.  CORSA foots the bill to put us here.  Fine, use us, but support CORSA if you do.