<VV> CORSA membership

Scott Morehead moreheadscott at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 13:46:08 EST 2008

  The interesting point everyone is making is that "Everyone is Right".  Everyone has a (RIGHT) choice to join or not join.  Are the question(s) what can the members do for CORSA or the Chapters, (If so, what have the 5000 strong membership done for Corsa or the Chapters) or what can CORSA or the Chapters do for the members (What has CORSA done for the membership)?  There are answers to both of the questions.  I became a lifetime member some years back when I was a Director; I thought it was prudent if I was going to be on the Board, however, I support everyone's personal decision. Are the Chapters and CORSA actually being run as a business or hobby, if it is a business then it should act as one and vice versa, is it a hobby, then......, I would venture to say that not all the chapters act as non-profits and not all chapters act as hobbyist organizations.  Every organization can not make everyone happy and must continue to evaluate where they are and where they need to be
 and what does it take to get there.  If the intent of CORSA and Chapters unified effort is to get everyone in the world with a Corvair to join....good luck.  So I guess the questions should be passed to the board for discussion and comments back to membership for active dialogue.   Tell the board what you want or need from the organization, get involved and get active, get on the BOARD.   Debate it here if you would like but get the board involved. Make the board hear your concerns, send a note to the editor and express your concerns in the communiqué, get everyone involved.  But if we expand the opportunities and reward chapters and members for participation and events and pass on the glory ....more folks will naturally feel like joining when they hear about the benefits of belonging. I could go on forever
anyhow, hope everyone is well.