<VV> Fw: CORSA National Membership

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Thu Feb 14 14:37:18 EST 2008

Mike
1. I'm NOT a director. just another member in the crowd.
2. The comments I made were not directed at any individual person, nor any individual chapter of CORSA.
3. The Comments Ned made were directed at me personally.
4. In all my prior dealings with directors, whether I was calm, pissed or snotty I never had one come after me on the list personally.
5. I won't Condescend, but Ned is an educated and intelligent person, neither of which I've ever professed to be. And he should know better.
  Any director should think twice before making a personal attack.  I didn't attack him, nor requested his opinion. Nor were my comments directed at him, either personally or otherwise.
6. I've also never hinted that I'm everyone's cup of tea.  I say what I feel. I might not be nice about it. I try to accept others for what they are.  Others, including yourself rarely do about me.

You've read the battles I had in the past with Scott Morehead, with Bill Hubbell, with Mark Corbin, and it's no secret Smitty and I were at loggerheads before there even WAS a Virtual Vairs.  Ask them about our relationships today. With 2 notable exceptions, those battles ended in friendships.  You however seem to want to be the third.
Sorry, I've no time for you.

Finally, this discussion isn't about Ned, or Me, or what either of us has said.

It's about the future of the club.  So get you a ladder and climb down from the mountain you put yourself on and re-focus on the thread.

It's true that people helped me when I had no money. And I was very humbled by the experience. I thanked ALL who donated in every way I could.

I knew that I was going to get another job and have the money to finish my car.  And I didn't let my CORSA dues lapse because I lost my job.
One time money was so tight Harry left me on for 2 months until I could pay.

Here it is: YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A CORSA MEMBER. AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO JOIN A LOCAL CHAPTER OF CORSA. BUT IF you can find the dues for the local and not for the national, and all the rest of the cash you need to get into the Corvair Hobby, another 40.00 is totally inocuous.

If you're old and on fixed income, a CORSA membership renewal would be a nice present from the kids or grandkids----you just DO NOT have a foot to stand on here.

If you've got the money to fix the car (BTW the EUM has over 9K invested at this point), and you have the money to pay your  insurance, and put gas in the thing,
What's 38.00?  Less than one night out for dinner with the missus. A half a tank of gas for my F-150.

 Don't try to give me that BS. We NEVER see older folks in eateries because they're not there. They can't afford to go out to dinner because they're on fixed income.   GIVE EVERYONE A BREAK.

Or, BITE ME.  Your choice.

Hugs and Kisses

Hank