<VV> Corsa Membership

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Feb 14 17:24:13 EST 2008

Pardon me – I do not understand  what the fuss is all about. There is no
mandatory Corsa National membership  requirement coming down from above. It will
always be up to the local club how  to handle that issue. I belong to and
attend monthly meeting of two local Corsa  chapters. Both have a LOCAL club
requirement of joining the National - When you  join the local club (If you are not
already a National member) – Now, I am  membership chairman of one of the clubs
and since it is my job, I choose, with  the other officers  agreement, to
promote the on-going maintenance of National membership. BUT, because: A)  We do
not want to go through the hassle  of dunning the members for National dues.
And: B) Differing renewal dates of  National membership make it pretty much
impossible to maintain any kind of  records, we choose to pay the fee to the
National every year accounting for not  all folks having maintained their
memberships. As I said, I constantly urge  people to renew, and push the benefits of
National membership at every turn. It  truly is up to Corsa to retain those
national members. The questionnaire is  another method of looking for ideas to
do just that. As to the suggestion of  free memberships to those over 65 – and
somehow paying for it by  -  what? Raising other dues or fees? Friends, I have
been to local club  meetings in about 12 states – at one time or another. If
this were to ever  happen, it would be quick death of a club, local or
National. The average age in  my local club is way above 65. One other note, as a “
not-yet-retired” Baby  Boomer, I think there is a lot more money in the hands of
the 65 and over set  than in the 35 and younger set. In other words “low on
cash” is not tied to ANY  age. It is tied to attitude, and, somewhat, to
current personal circumstance.  The main “dues issue” is not that people can’t pay,
it is because people won’t  pay. If Corsa cannot make it worth $38 to be a
member – at least worth it for  people in our target audience – Corsa doesn’t
deserve the money or the members.  That choice is very individual – as in the
individual writing the check! And  yes, there will always be moochers. Welcome
to America! -  -Seth Emerson

Awards. Go to AOL Music.