<VV> Why CORSA didn't start out with a 100% membership rule

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Fri Feb 15 02:31:18 EST 2008

This may have been covered already--I didn't read every post on the topic
completely. Someone who has been in CORSA much longer than me once explained
that the reason CORSA didn't start off requiring 100% chapter membership in
CORSA is that several CORSA chapters predated CORSA and were stand-alone
clubs.

I suppose something could have been worked at in the formation documents of
CORSA that required 100% membership in any club that wanted to become a
chapter, but that didn't happen. Probably a risky thing to do for a
fledgling (inter-)national club.

In any case, I think it's useful to remember this during the current
discussion. I'm not saying that means things can't change, but understanding
the history is usually instructive.

--Kent