<VV> CORSA

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Fri Feb 15 06:29:32 EST 2008

Dick Spiess said [in part]

>Set up sign-up booths at local events that will be attracting potential members.  You
>don't have to drive a Corvair to belong to CORSA.  For those in Detroit, the local Club
>would do well to have a "booth" at the Autorama.  How about a CORSA display at
>the Dream Cruise?  We drive unique cars that attract attention from everyone.  Take
>advantage of this interest.  The Communique is an excellent magazine and I really
>appreciate it since I am mechanically ignorant.

The Detroit club does have a regular place in the Dream Cruise ... We recruit many new members at out annual Homecoming.  We wear club jackets and there was a time we had post cards to pass but they proved ineffective ... I must admit I never even gave 'Autorama' a thought.   There would be a considerable cost in both money and people power to the DACC to hold a booth in Autorama.  I would be reluctant to spend the DACC money and as long a CORSA is not willing to contribute anything to the effort I would have a very difficult time bringing myself to ask our members to sit in such a booth.

Ken Pepke
President, DACC