<VV> National club

Mike Clark mclark67 at charter.net
Fri Feb 15 11:36:01 EST 2008

Greetings.  Here's a twist on the subject du-week(not dujour).  Why not join CORSA first and then they will assign you to the chapter closest to your location.  You join CORSA and they say, oh, you live in Chicago, you're also a member of CCE.  Or, oh, you live in Daytona Beach, you're also a member of Central Florida Corvairs.  You want to join another chapter or a specialty chapter, then you pay their own dues.  Get rid of the "chapter" concept altogether.  That makes CORSA the -only- governing body and takes out the grey areas.  If the "local bodies" still allow people to come to the meetings that aren't a member of CORSA, then that's treason.

I'm a member of a (inter)national club that doesn't have chapters.  There are local meets where a handful of people show up, but with a total production of 3000 and about 20% remaining, local chapters would either be several hundred miles wide or there'd only be one person in it.

I will say this.  I am not a member of my local chapter and I am a member of a far away chapter.  I bought a convertible Lincoln years ago and the very reason I didn't join the local chapter was because of the rule you had to join the big club.  That would have put my Lincoln dues at about $100, and that is a lot of money to me, especially when dues come up at the end of the year like all the other club dues and Christmas.

I am trying to think up an idea that will solve all of our problems and then we can get back to the business of cars.  And if it still doesn't work, then I will sell the idea on ebay and make money for myself, and some other club will have all their problems solved.

Now, how about those Cubs.

Mike