<VV> Gas line

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Feb 15 21:38:18 EST 2008

Yes, safety is the reason they are all together in the tunnel.

Inside the tunnel to keep road debris from jerking the lines and
harnesses off the car.

Bundled together inside the tunnel because on the manual shift cars the
clutch, shift rod and emergency brake cable will slice through harnesses
brake lines and fuel lines like a knife through butter! I have seen that
when people forget to place everything back neatly and away from danger.

Now the "late model is better" crowd will remind me that the late model
shift rod is enclosed in a tube which helps keep it from slicing through
objects. But it does still move a little bit.

You may put fuel lines and harnesses anywhere you want as long as you
keep them from being sliced or jerked off the car.

FWIW, the fuel line goes through a grommet on the engine sheet metal. I
have seen the steel fuel line sliced through by the engine shroud when
the grommet is missing.

Frank DuVal