<VV> Paint Stripping

paul beck pbeck001 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 22:16:48 EST 2008

Don't know much about the liquid strippers but have heard that you have to be especially carefull to get all the residue removed.
  I'm seriously considering having my 65 soda blasted. There is a shop in Steelville, Mo. that I ran into last year at a swap meet in St.Louis. They use soda blasting. Does not hurt metal, trim or glass. Easy to clean up with soap and water. Also an added advantage is the soda dust protects the bare finish for a while. Last April they were charging $2.00 a minute + materials. They gave me a guesstimate for a full size 2 door @ $240.  That's not bad. You could eat up 1/2 that just on sand paper, not to mention air compressor time and labor (plus cleanup. Leaves the metal super smooth but will screw up any bondo.
  Don't know what their turn around time is but has to be quicker.

Paul