<VV> Survey (Russ Moorhouse)

Harry Jensen, CORSA Executive Secretary corsa at corvair.org
Mon Feb 18 11:08:22 EST 2008

Hiya--

If I may...

We [CORSA] send out a post card notice when a member's renewal time is
near. If a member does not respond to the post card, we send out a second
notice at the same time we make up the labels for the member's final issue.
(As a procedure, we also send them an extra issue after their membership
has expired.)

There is a survey of sorts, but it is not as comprehensive as the member
survey. Basically it asks if the member wants to renew and whether they
want to renew for 12 months or 26 months. It also has check boxes for 'I
sold my Corvair', 'The dues increase was too much for my budget', 'I never
received my issues', and 'Other' with a couple of lines for a response.

Yes, we care why people choose not to renew their membership,
**especially** if it is something not coming from the 'choir'. That's how
we improve. The most common response is that people have sold their
Corvair, followed by the person is deceased or they simply cannot read any
more because of poor eye sight.

--H