<VV> Survey (Russ Moorhouse)

tim mahler flat6vair at insightbb.com
Mon Feb 18 10:39:07 EST 2008

I echo Dennis comments.

Not asking the choir,  Asking the congregation.  After we published the
survey, we quickly realized we should ask everyone who is attending the
"services"  not just the joined congregation, but also those who show up (at
the meetings, on VV, shows).  Unfortunately,  only the choir, to date, has
responded.  Get out those pencils!

other notes
The survey was drafted with the idea let CORSA Members provide some feed
back to the board, and to give the board some general ideas on what the
Membership wanted.  Members.   The convention is a CORSA convention,  is it
now too long?  The Communique is the biggest visable member benefit,  is the
articles the right mix of tech, history, personnal car stories,  etc?
CORSA members are my current clientele.  If i am better able to understand
what they want,  perhaps i will be able to attract more like clientele.

Before we start fretting about the possible members, and lost members,  we
better know something about the want and needs of the current members.  A
Corsa member from out west has pounded that concept into my head numerous
times.   I've said it elsewhere, and i'll say it here,  it does no Club any
good to offer things that benefit what possible new members want, if the
club losses most of their existing members.  It is a tough balancing act.
sometimes we miss the mark.

CORSA is a car club.  And most car clubs I have been a member,  the car is
important but the people are the real focus; a group of car people,  and for
CORSA, Corvair people gathered to help each other enjoy their hobby.  In
general,  car people are a great lot. I have helped and been helped many
times in the last 10 years.  I owe the CORSA community and my Prairie
Capital Corvair Chapter  a lot  more than I could give back, try as I might.
I owned a Corvair for 10 years prior to joining,  the vendors are a good
resource,  but the world of Corvairing was much more enjoyable once I
joined.

Tim mahler
president CORSA/CPF
Central division Director
Editor PCCA newsletter (10 years)
owner 62, 68 Fitch Sprints, 64 convertible, 65 race prepped

ps:  the SSDI is interesting,  nice genealogy research tool.  It appears to
be roughly 3 months behind in updates,  typical for a government type DB.
Notes from family, friends usually let us know when a CORSA family member is
deceased, works