<VV> attaching pressure plates to flywheels

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Feb 18 16:27:54 EST 2008

Just an historical note on pressure plates. I do not remember the exact
part, but I think it was the heavy duty pressure plate (Turbo application)
for 62,63 that had washers welded in place to space it away from the
flywheel.

OK guys, any one else remember the welded in place washers?

I do agree pinning the heavy pressure plate to the flywheel is good
practice, I just have only assembled stock components in my work. I do get
my flywheels balanced by themselves after bolting them together to replace
the rivets.

Frank DuVal

I think you got a later model pressure plate meant for a stepped flywheel.

I would worry that standing a pressure plate up on washers would allow some
amount of centering change from inherent and inevitable thread clearance.

Dan Timberlake