<VV> self-sealing tape for PG shift cables from Flagstaff convention

Zoltan Szilagyi starfish77 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 15:52:49 EST 2008

Hi folks,

I heard that there was some self-sealing tape being given out at the
Flagstaff convention. It is a silicone-based tape that seals to itself
and is quite stretchy to help it pull tight. It's supposed to be
really handy for sealing leaky Powerglide shift cables.

Does anyone know who had this tape at the convention, what brand,
etc.? Is there a good source for the correct type of tape for a
reasonable price?

I found one product online, made by Gardner Bender, that looks
promising: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004WLKT . Is this the right
type of tape?

Other than that, I have looked around locally (Seattle area) with very
little success; I found something similar to the Gardner Bender
product in an electrical supply store's catalog, but they don't know
anything about it and it's a special order item at over $30 / roll.
Home Depot, Radio Shack, and the auto parts stores have no idea.

Thanks,
Zoltan