<VV> Ignition Switch tumbler replacement without a key

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Feb 19 16:36:46 EST 2008

Now once you get the ring of keys from the smart people that saved them for
these emergencies, you do this:

Insert working key in lock cylinder. Insert paper clip (The larger ones
work great) into the little hole in the face. Turn the key
counterclockwise. The lock cylinder should turn past "Lock" on an early or
"Acc" on a late model. Now pull the cylinder out, key and all.

To reinsert cylinder, just put key in cylinder, no paper clip needed,
insert cylinder into lock barrel in the full CCW position and turn CW.

Frank DuVal

How do  you remove the key lock assembly from the ignition switch. I lost
keys to FC  in storage. I bought a new keyset and tumbler from Clarks but
cant
figure out  how to get it out of the  switch.

no can do without the key... you must drill it out!

Why we always suggest getting a  Club member,  local carguy /  towing
service
/ locksmitth to see if they have a RING of KEYS...and keep trying  until
you
find one that fits...

Matt  Nall
All Vairs!