<VV> Ignition Switch

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Tue Feb 19 22:32:46 EST 2008

    From: KMFEAR
Subject: Ignition Switch
How do you remove the key lock assembly from the ignition switch. I lost keys to FC in storage. I bought a new keyset and tumbler from Clarks but cant figure out how to get it out of the switch.
  Smitty says:  Bad news for you KMFEAR (or whatever).  The key must be in the switch and rotated to the counterclockwise position past "on" while pressing a small wire like a paperclip into the tiny hole in the face of the tumbler.  Might try several keys from other 60 era GM products or bite the bullet and see a locksmith.  (not a key cutter).        Good Luck