<VV> Ben Benzel

Dennis PLEAU ddpleau at msn.com
Wed Feb 20 23:00:45 EST 2008

Everett "Ben" Benzel passed away last night.  Ben was a big part of the glue that kept Pike Peak Corvair running smoothly, from the membership chairman to the meeting scheduler, picnic planner, Christmas Brunch planner.... and a friend to everyone. He was a retired Air Force Master Sergeant and a member of the Non-Commissioned Officers Association where he was as active (or more active) as he was in PPCC.  The NCOA club house on the Air Force Academy is pretty much a shrine to him already.  He got me active with the NCOA helping out at AFA sporting events selling programs (work for a couple of hours and they feed you, supply you with all the beer you want to drink and you get to watch the football game) and I never served. I first met Ben when we moved to Albuquerque and attended our first Tri-State meet in 1991.  I really got to know him when we moved to the Colorado Springs Springs in 2000. My condolences to Betty Jo and his family, his Corvair family and his NCOA family. Ben is truly someone, I never met anyone who didn't really like him.Dennis Pleau