<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 37, Issue 63

George Jones 65crownv8 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 11:22:22 EST 2008

Jim,

I beg to disagree. If not here, where? I think the problem is that the BoD
doesn't do a good enough job getting the out into a discussion forum like
this. I sometimes wonder how the BoD makes these decisions without input
from their respective constituents. Do they just go with their gut feeling
of what they think their members want? I don't recall this ever being
brought up during the conversations with any of the eastern division
directors (we've had two directors and a CORSA president from my club). As I
posted privately to Bruce, I am not in favor of a scholorship program for
CORSA when we can't even find a place to store the assets of the CPF in an
area where they can be seen by the membership.

If you keep discussions like this off this board, how are the directors
going to find out what their constituents feelings are? Do any of the
directors have an email tree established with the club presidents in their
region? I think not, but would be pleasantly pleased if they did. I think
the directors should be communicating with their clubs on a regular basis,
and not just the club they belong to. These topics can be discussed via
email, and a consensus reached before the BoD meeting at the national
convention. It all boils down to communication, something I feel is sorely
lacking, not only in CORSA, but in today's world in general.

As the newsletter editor for the Tidewater Corvair Club, I welcome input
from any eastern region director on topics going before the BoD, as well as
any information from the BoD which needs to be disseminated to the members.
I encourage every other newsletter editor to do the same, maybe we can get
the communications lines open.

--
Ask me how you can win this 64 Monza Convertible

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s114/65CrownV8/TCC%20Project%20Car/

George Jones
Tidewater Corvair Club (since 1987)
Central Virginia Corvair Club (since 2006)
Corvair Society of America (CORSA)(since 1987)
'65 Monza Crown V8 Convertible
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397326
'66 Monza Coupe Custom (in progress)