<VV> HID headlight converstion kit

sethracer at aol.com sethracer at aol.com
Thu Feb 21 12:32:41 EST 2008

Chad - Sylvania made a legal replacement HID system for the 5 3/4" four?headlight systems. They discontinued it a few years ago for a couple of reasons. First, they didn't take the time to build the proper optics for a good light pattern (This info is from a person in the industry who knows these things.)? Also their sales were rather poor - since the kits were quite expensive. The kits were expensive because they used the proper components. My?guess is you won't find the proper components in the kits below. Recently, there was a crackdown on all the "quickie" importers of non-compliant lights -?probably because of the stacks of complaints the Government receives each year about "those damn bright headlights."??The properly designed optics create a bright, but restricted, light pattern. They are trying to limit the glare to oncoming drivers. I love them in my car and I cannot understand why more new cars are not being?offerred with the HIDs as options. That said, I, too recommend going to Daniel Stern lighting for the best advice on lights for our Corvairs.? - Seth Emerson?

Subject: <VV> HID headlight converstion kit

I'm considering buying after market lenses for my '69 Monza and putting in a set
of HID headlights.  Does anyone have feedback or experience with these kits?
You can get them for a little over $200.  The price has really dropped since
they were introduced.  Here's a couple sites I've found that sell them.  Ebay is
also a good place to shop for them.
http://www.buyhid.com/
http://www.gohid.com/
http://www.xtralights.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=151