<VV> Corvairs in print - Wall Street Journal

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Thu Feb 21 10:54:48 EST 2008

 It's been a while since I've seen any mention of the Corvair in the Wall
St. Journal's editorial page.  This week, there was a 1/2 page article about
Detroit's long quest for fuel economy and the Corvair had a prominent
mention as the vanguard, along with less-mentioned others such at the Falcon
and Valiant. There was a modest history too and that was mostly accurate
though one could quibble about the details.  The author mentioned that the
first Corvair's could get 29 mpg on the highway and he thought that was
quite an achievement for the day. Though Nader's efforts were mentioned, On
balance I though it was a pretty nice plug.

Here's the link:
http://online.wsj.com/public/article_print/SB120338446532575863.html

Craig Nicol

Checked by AVG Free Edition.