<VV> Snap Ring and Unseated Rings

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 21 22:10:51 EST 2008

Also, there are at least 2 styles of dipsticks.  One simply has a flat
circle which rests against the top of the dipstick tube and is pretty
worthless in terms of making a seal.  The other is rounded (bullet shaped?),
about 1/2 inch or so tall (where it covers the end of the dipstick tube) and
has (or at least did to start with) a seal inside which does a way better
job of closing off (or at least slowing) the escaping mist.  But, only up to
a point.  This is (of course) a stop gap measure only.

Later, JR