<VV> dypstyktoobs

tony.underwood at cox.net tony.underwood at cox.net
Fri Feb 22 14:24:48 EST 2008

 <VV> Snap Ring and Unseated Rings

>Ditto what JR said. But, we can start the discussion again about the pros and cons of cutting the dipstick tube off inside the oil pan so the oil cannot climb up the dipstick and leak onto the shroud. Well, at least until the blow by is REALLY bad! gggg      Been known to cut a few dipstick tubes in my career.
Maybe it's a Virginia thing, Tony.>

Must be.   I do this just because I can...  those arguments from some, about how it's supposed to keep blowby out of the fan/shroud so as to not asphyxiate the occupants, didn't really make much of an impression when I did it to my '60 during a pan gasket change.   ;)

tony..