<VV> Starter Question

Jeffrey B. Aronson jrh at foxislands.net
Fri Feb 22 16:54:36 EST 2008

It is snowing here heavily so I can't crawl underneath the car and jack
it up [well, I could but I won't]. So I stopped by the local garage and
found the mechanic with an empty bay for a moment. He put the car up on
a lift and crawled underneath. The contacts looked very clean and were
tight.

He also tested the battery and confirmed it was ok, and that the ground
connection was good.

He did not have the time to attempt the temporary fix, and he was
concerned that it might strand the car in his bay. Of course, the car
has started perfectly all day since I posted the query for help.

I hope the snow will stop so that I can take the Monza to a meeting of
the Dirigo Corvairs on Sunday. No one who knows Corvairs has seen, heard
or driven the car, so I'm hoping that I can keep the starter functional
so i can take the car off island to the meeting, and return home. I am
eager to see what enthusiasts recommend to me for repairs,
refurbishment, or stripping for parts :). Having the car fail to start
of the ferry would be embarrassing, at best.

Thanks for all your advice,

Jeff