<VV> Turbo adapter explanation

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Sat Feb 23 19:22:33 EST 2008

Generally, TO4B turbos have the same inlet pattern as a Corvair turbo. I
know this, because my boat has a TO4B on it, and Turbonetics sells Corvair turbo
inlet flange gaskets for these turbos! Much to my dismay, as the marine
environment eats them ALIVE!
T3s are smaller. Although, it looks like a redrill of the stock pipe and
bracket will work, the real problem is, the Corvair turbo has an on center
inlet, and the T2, T25, T28 and T3 turbos have a tangential inlet. Then there's
the problem of the outlet, it's oblong in shape to accommodate the waste gate.
TO4Bs don't have integral waste gates, but a 4 bolt round outlet flange. Then
there's the issues of the compressor plumbing, albeit not THAT complicated.
An adapter would be nice, but they just aren't that hard to fabricate.

In a message dated 2/23/2008 5:53:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,