<VV> VV - Alternative Seats

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Sat Feb 23 21:59:21 EST 2008

Phil,
   I have installed bucket seats in 3 FCs. First one was a 65 GB, 25 years ago, with Renault R5 (Le Car) seats, no troubbles. 2nd ones were 5 years ago on the 62 Rampy (Nissan seats) but, bumped down the wheel wells too much and when heavy loaded (say 1,400 lbs), the front wheels rubbed on wheel wells on bad roads. Fixed it later.
   Last bucket seats were Datsun 280Z (that's what the vendor told me) and adapted them to the 64 GB, on restoration. My choice was based on seat highness, the lowest the best as to not lower too much the wheel well.
   Not real easy but, if you want you can. Have pictures of these last ones.
Think that there is a wider variety of bucket seats available on the States than on Mexico.
   Datsun seats fitted better using right on left and viciversa. Hardest work is on bumping down the wheel wells.

   Daniel Monasterio

<<Has anyone out there put different seats - specifically buckets
(not necessarily FROM a 'Vair) - into an FC?  How easy is it?  What
pitfalls did you run into?  What kind of seats did you use?  Can you
use ordinary car seats or do they have to come out of some sort of
other FC vehicle (VW, Toyota, etc.)?>>