<VV> lakewood parts needed

gangelli at adelphia.net gangelli at adelphia.net
Sun Feb 24 11:46:08 EST 2008

hello All; It has been a long time since i have been able to post anything .As spring nears I have to get my fitch wagon ready .last fall the hinges broke on the engine access door as i was driving and the door was lost for all time.the panel below the door rusted from the inside around the hinge mount .I need  a new door and the panel below the door down to the air grill . also need the hinges.any help appreciated .i also had a gas leak start in the tank if filled over 1/2 so a tank is needed.I have changed tanks before in fact i wrote the fuel section  for the beginner manual. I really don,t like changing the filler neck hoses and clamps .Lastly the front end started to shimmy violently at 53 -55  mph then smooths out at 57 mph or below 50 mph. i would appreciate any input .the tires are inflated correctly.they are in good condition .I suspect  the tires are out of balance since it is isolated to certain speeds and not continuous the steering is not loose nor does the car wander . it does have the fitch quick steer arms ,gas shocks with aoens and springs cut one coil. I really want to run it and get the bugs out so i can finish it . thanks for any help or leads. ragards jeff angelli niagara frontier corvair club buffalo NY