<VV> FC ACCELERATOR CABLE QUESTION

Rod Murray rmurray at anaheimducks.com
Mon Feb 25 13:31:19 EST 2008

Can't find anything in the shop manuals, so throwing this out to the group...

Re:  my 64 greenbrier, it appears that I'm only getting about 2/3 full throttle when I put the gas pedal to the floor...engine setup seems to be ok (carbs synced, accelerator cable connected to cross-shaft at proper idle)...upon inspection of the accelerator pedal assembly, there is a 2 ½" - 3" metal sleeve between the bellcrank lever and the point where the cable mounts to the body - the cable goes thru this sleeve and seems to be restricting full movement of the cable or gas pedal to meet the full throttle needs of the cross-shaft...is this metal sleeve supposed to be there or is it possible it was installed by a previous mechanic / owner for some reason?

Input appreciated.

Rod

64 greenbrier with gypsy 102, PG, 3:27 station wagon power train