<VV> Attention Corvair Owners! Show me your Bodytags

Corsa corsa at comcast.net
Tue Jan 1 17:11:57 EST 2008

I just want to add, that I would be happy to decode any tag sent.

Also as an incentive, I will put together a group of rare/obscure/misprinted just plain weird bodytags to send to those who contribute a picture of their tag..

Did you know.....

1. that there were three different versions of the Fisher Bodytag for 1964?

2. there was no build date on some early 1960 bodytags?

3. that different assembly plants usually used different codes and formats on their bodytags

4. that Sep 64 built Corvairs in Los Angeles used 3 numerical digits for the build date

5. that Accessory codes were discontinued starting with 1968 Corvair bodytags

6. that Canadian built Corvairs actually used RPO codes on the bodytags.

7. that there is no Fisher body in Canada so Canadian Bodytags do not have any Manufacturing identifying names on the tag such as (Fisher, GM, Chevrolet)

* That just some of stuff about bodytags out there

Regards
Dave Trull

Corsa at comcast.net