<VV> Muffler hangers

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 3 00:08:20 EST 2008

I was just looking at how to install the factory muffler hanger
brackets.  Apparently, if I am identifying the correct bolts on the
head in the factory service manual diagram, I will have to remove the
entire top engine shroud in order to get the hanger on the top bolts
on either side.  It looks like the hanger fits between the shroud and
the engine head.  Since it fits behind and under the shroud, the
shroud would have to come off first.

Anyone with experience in doing this would be greatly appreciated.

Stephen U