<VV> Barrett Jackson

Gary Swiatowy mopar at jbcs2.net
Thu Jan 3 18:48:44 EST 2008

I bet a lot of Barrett Jackson love or hate depends on whether you are
looking for a car, or are a seller.
Trust me..........BJ did not create the hype of the Hemi Cars.
I've been going to Chryslers at Carlisle for 15 years, Before that to the
MOPAR Nats.
People wanted stupid prices for these twenty years ago.
Of course now in retrospect those outrageous prices of 20 years ago amount
to chump change now.
and it is not just the Hemi cars. Convertibles from the 60's are going
outrageous depending on what they are.
A 318 Coronet, a 307 Chevelle, an olds Cutlas, or a Fairlane, even without
being a Muscle car are going high.
The big boats though are still affordable, and so are our Corvairs.

If someone offered me stupid money for one of my MOPAR Convertibles, or one
of my Vairs would I sell?
You betcha!
Then I'd go out and buy a 4-door, a classic pickup, or a land yacht to
cruise in..............

If someone just has to have that certain GTO, Roadrunner,
etc.............they best be ready to pay for it.
Supply and demand.
If you want to go to cruises and car shows, there is still plenty to choose
from.

All you guys who say Barrett Jackson are killing the hobby.
Seriously............don't you wish it was your event and you were cashing
in like that??????

Gary Swiatowy
why didn't I think of that?