<VV> Economics Re: Regular Gas and Fuel Economy in a 110hpCorvair

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Fri Jan 4 18:24:45 EST 2008

Retarding timing (and lowering compression) results in lower mileage due
to lower engine efficiency. However, hotter cams (more overlap, etc) can
reduce economy but shifting the power curve up...

Whether the use of low octane fuel (which _sometimes_ has a higher
energy content than high octane fuel) is highly dependent on that energy
content and the engine it's used in. Generally, the answer is "no" due
to volumetric efficiency....

Bill