<VV> anyone have a diagram for homemade vapor injection?

David Fasgold dfasgold at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 6 14:03:06 EST 2008

LOL...
I found the diagrams in my tech guide...but judging from the responses I've got, the vapor injection sounds like a waste of time. I'm not really interested in the water injection, since I'm only running a 95hp anyway. Maybe if I was running a turbo... Anyway, thanks to everyone who responded.
Later,
David

Jim Burkhard <burkhard at rochester.rr.com> wrote: David -

Others have pointed where there are instructions to make these. The
bigger question is WHY?  Water vapor gizmos don't do anything!  The
NORMAL combustion of gasoline in the combustion chamber makes WAY WAY
WAY more water vapor than these vapor gizmo things put out!  Roughly,
a gallon of water (if you condensed it to liquid) is produced for
EVERY GALLON of gasoline burned!  How long does it take the mayonnaise
jar + fish tank contraption to go through a gallon of water?

So does it hurt anything?  Well probably not, but it makes you look
like a kook (if you built your own) or a sucker (if you bought one).

N.B. -- Liquid water injection is a WHOLELY DIFFERENT story. The
liquid systems inject under load (the water vapor things do it under
vacuum, the worst time). Also, the liquid systems cool the charge
(enabling higher volumtric effiency & knock limits, especially on a
boosted engine) because you are making use of the heat of vaporization
of the liquid water (it sucks up heat to vaporize the water
in-engine).  So liquid systems can be useful, but vapor systems are in
the realm of fuel line magnets and scattering chicken bones on the
hood of the car.

Jim "Straight Talk" Burkhard