<VV> anyone have a diagram for homemade vapor injection?

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Mon Jan 7 20:32:40 EST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Burkhard" <burkhard at rochester.rr.com>
Subject: Re: <VV> anyone have a diagram for homemade vapor injection?

***********
I suppose we should avoid calling water MIST injection ....  " vapor "
injection ... misting is still just small liquid water droplets ....   this
is the normal, good kind of water injection ... water wont go into the
"vapor " or GAS state until it boils ...

... a cold stream sprayed into a turbo compressor intake will probably be "
misted" pretty good, but there are some reports of damaging the turbo blades
thataway ...

So use a NOZZLE after the compressor stage to create a MIST by using a fair
amount of pump pressure.

on my v8vair, I made a " lumpy-misting " special threaded air filter hollow
crossdrilled air cleaner hold down rod; after tightening on the big z28
filter housing, I just stuck the water feeder tube from the pump onto the
top of the threaded stud.  that seemed to work just fine, the coarse mist
probably got mixed pretty good on the roaster at the bottom of the plenum.

*********
a fine distinction, probably without much difference, possibly not much
merit.
ken campbell, myway in iway